MOUNTAIN COUNTRY SUPERSTAR 2013 RULES AND GUIDELINES
“ MOUNTAIN COUNTRY SUPERSTAR” Contest Official Promotional Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices Combined Communications, 63088 NE 18th Street, Bend Oregon 97701 during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station (s) will conduct MOUNTAIN COUNTRY SUPERSTAR Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local rules and regulations apply.
2. Only legal U.S. residents age 18 or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in Station contests. This Contest is open to musical acts/groups comprised of one (1) or more members who perform original and or cover music “live” on stage only. Those not eligible to participate or win include employees, agents, and representatives of Combined Communications, and their respective affiliates, and their immediate family members and household members. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
3. An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
4. The contest will begin on February 16th, 2013 and will run through April 6th, 2013. There will be no competition on Saturday March 16, 2013.
5. To participate, musical act/groups MUST complete and submit an entry packet to the Station. Entry packets may be obtained at Combined Communications during normal business hours Monday through Friday or online at http://www.mountain997.com. Entry packets and materials submitted to the Stations will not be returned. The Stations will not accept entries from musical groups who’s original works contain offensive, prejudiced, sexist or negative content, as determined by the Stations in their sole discretion. Entry packets must be received by Monday February 4th 2013 no later then midnight. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
6. The Stations will review all eligible entries and select, in their sole and absolute discretion, based on Song, Range, Style, Locality and talent, a total of NO MORE THAN 20 musical Acts/groups to participate in the Contest. Musicians/Acts will be notified by telephone or email prior to on air announcement. If the Stations cannot reach a musical group to confirm their participation in the Contest PRIOR TO ANNOUNCEMENT, the musical group will be disqualified and another eligible musical group will be selected to participate in the Contest.
7. There will be 7 rounds of competition to determine the Winner/s. There will be 4 Qualifying rounds taking place on Saturday Nights. Then the 2 semi-final rounds will take place February 23rd AND March 30, 2013. The final round will take place on April 6th, 2013. All competitions will take place at TIMBERS BAR AND GRILL in Redmond. The Stations will determine the dates and order in which each musical group is to perform. Musical act/groups must be ready and available to perform on their scheduled dates, in their scheduled order, and on time. Groups not available and ready to perform as scheduled will be disqualified and eliminated from further competition.
8. On each Saturday during the first round of competition all four groups must check in by 8p. Sound check, then random draw for order of performance. 4 musical groups will compete against one another by each playing a thirty-minute set of music on stage before a live audience. Any musical group going over the 30 minute allotment, disregarding the directions of Station management, or engaging in inappropriate, lewd or offensive conduct as determined by the Station will be disqualified and eliminated from further competition. Voting can happen at any time during the event. The musician or group that will advance to the semi-final round will be based 50% on votes and 50% on judge’s decision. If the station believes there is an additional band that has shown potential, the station will reserve the right to wild card thru the additional band/act. Up to a total of 6 musical groups will advance to the semi-final round of competition.
9. On the semi- round of competition, up to 6 musical groups will compete against one another by each playing a thirty minute set of original/cover music on stage before a live audience. Any musical group going over a thirty minute allotment, disregarding the directions of Station management, or engaging in inappropriate, lewd or offensive conduct as determined by the Station will be disqualified and eliminated from further competition. Voting will happen at any time during the event, audience members will “vote” for their Choice musical act/group by placing their event ticket into a box designated for the musical ACT/group. One “vote” per audience member. The musician or group that will advance to the final round will be based 50% on votes and 50% on judge’s decision. The 2-3 musical groups with the most “votes” will advance to the finals. The station reserves the right to wild card forward any acts in the competition.
10. On Saturday March 10th, the finalists will compete against one another by each playing a thirty-minute set of music on stage. At the conclusion of the performances, the audience votes and judges will determine the “Mountain Country Idol” based on the musical group’s performance and overall musical merit. The decision of the judges is final. If it is determined that the winning musical group is not eligible to receive the grand prize, in the Stations’ sole judgment and discretion, then the musical group finishing in second place will be selected for eligibility consultation. In the unlikely event that neither finalist is found to meet the eligibility qualifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the stations sole discretion.
11. The top 3 winning acts will be recipients of $5000 in prizes to be distributed amongst First, Second and Third place winners. ***Musical group members will be responsible for allocating elements of their respective prize among group members, and the Station shall not be responsible or liable to any member for any claims, damages, disputes, or losses as a result thereof.
12. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winners. All those who win a prize or prizes valued at $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
13. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged.
14. Neither the Station nor Combined Communications, its parent subsidiaries, affiliates; members, directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives shall be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
15. All entrants and winners agree that the Station, Combined Communications, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
16. All prizes must be claimed in person by all members of the winning musical act/group at one time at the Station at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to Combined Communications to be disposed of at its discretion. The winners then lose all claims and rights to said prize.
17. Proper identification must be presented by each member of the winning musical group, As a condition to receiving the prize, each winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station, Combined Communications, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, and employees from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest, acceptance, and use or non-use of the prize.
18. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Stations and Combined Communications to be used, disposed of or destroyed at their sole discretion. The Stations and Combined Communications are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Stations’ website.
19. All entrants and winners, individually and as a musical group, agree to give the Stations and Combined Communications, and their licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish the winner’s and group’s names, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Stations deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to save harmless Combined Communications, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims they may have against the Stations or Combined Communications, Inc. in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ and group’s name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that Combined Communications, owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to Combined Communications.
20. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Stations regarding Station events and contests. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Stations may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other internal purposes.
21. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel and release Combined Communications, it’s employees, agents, officers, sponsors, and event location of all liability and you waive your right for any and all legal action in relation to this event and its operation/outcome. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Stations will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Stations’ decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Stations, the Stations reserve the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Stations deem appropriate. All decisions made by the Stations are final. The Stations may waive any of these rules at their sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE STATIONS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
22. The Stations reserve the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
23. The Stations reserve the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
24. A winners list may be obtained after March 6th, 2013 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address: Combined Communications 63008 NE 18th Street Bend, Oregon 97701